Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Do you serve your Salad with Mayonaise, Salad cream or dressing ?

1st = salad cream


2nd = mayonnaise


3rd = 1000 islandDo you serve your Salad with Mayonaise, Salad cream or dressing ?
Thanx 4 the BA ! Report Abuse
Do you serve your Salad with Mayonaise, Salad cream or dressing ?
If I can't do the job with herbs, then I use a small amount of dressing.


To sweeten something--many bought dressings be too strong--I use Miracle Whip, or a small amount of mayo, plus 1/4 tsp. sugar if needed.





Thanks for asking.
Not by itself , I add vinegar and other spices to mayo.
We unusually use the good seasons Italian packets where you add your own olive oil and vinegar
salad dressing....
salad dressing...i have used mayonaise if i have a lettuce/pear/cottage cheese salad....but otherwise, always salad dressing.
As a rule I will use Mayonnaise and to accompany cold lamb I may add Mustard pickles, or a chutney.
Lettuce,tossed salad we each like different dressings. One likes Western, one likes Ranch and one likes Italian. On coleslaw I make a mixture of Miracle Whip,cream and small amount of sugar. On pasta salad we like to mix it with a Ceasar dressing(pasta with black olives,pepperoni,onion,radish,celery and whatever), for tuna/pasta salad I use plain old Miracle Whip or Mayonaise.Sometimes its nice to try something different.





I am not familar with salad cream. Don't know what it is.
One time I was at my in-laws and they were out of salad dressing. My father in law suggested he could make it, he pulled out some mayo and ketchup mixed it together and -viola - instant dressing. I was hesitant but tried it, it was ok but I like the store bought dressing much better.
Certainly it depends on the type of salad, a lettuce and/or veggie salad I serve with dressing. I like Fat Free French, my hubby like Blue Cheese, the rest like Ranch.





Pasta salad I use a mix of mayo and Miracle Whip. However sometimes I dress it with a bottle of Italian dressing.
dressing but my mom likes mayonaisse
Mayo or ranch, my wife prefers vinegar or olive oil.
Salad cream..... It's the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment