Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it ok for a guest to wear a cream-colored dress to a wedding?

I know you're not supposed to wear white, because of the


bride, but I'm going to a wedding this summer, and what if the


bride is wearing an ivory dress, not white? Should I ask the


mother of the bride if the wedding gown is white or ivory? I found a dress I'd love to wear, it's cream-colored with brown polka-dots which are bigger than a pencil eraser, but smaller than a dime, so it's not a solid color.Is it ok for a guest to wear a cream-colored dress to a wedding?
I really don't think that anyone is likely to mistake a cream coloured dress with brown polka-dots for a bridal gown! If you like it, go for it!





Think about it... do men ever worry about whether or not their suit looks too much like the groom's? :)Is it ok for a guest to wear a cream-colored dress to a wedding?
It all depends on the bride. Also, will you be in a lot of pictures? I would ask, it can't hurt.
I really think you should wear something dresser than jeans. But if you have a nice shirt to go with guess jeans that's fine.


Have Fun
Find another dress!
Sorry, no matter how gorgeous or tasteful the outfit may be, choose another color.





I don't even wear a white clerical robe for a wedding.
I just don't think it would appropriate. Just because how noticeable will the polka dots be in photographs. I would just find something else to wear.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!





NO Ivory, NO egg-shell, NO off-white.





Please, find another dress or else you will be the talk of the reception for being the rude guest that showed up in an Ivory dress to steal the lime light from the bride.
It should be okay as it has a pattern to it. If you are worried, speak to the bride and get her thoughts on the dress so that way she doesn't feel offended.
I think since it's paterned it should be fine, and probably a shorter dress as opposed to a bridal style. if your worried it's still nice to ask.
No, it's disrespectful.
yes! wear a vail too!
I think you should be OK, since it does have a pattern to it.
If you are good friends with the bride, ask her if she minds. Be open and polite about it and try to make it seem like you don't want to take away from her special day. If she says sure, I would tie a big ribbon around your waist to add some color to the dress and wear shoes and a purse of the same color. If you are not that close to her, then I would be on the safe side and pick a new dress. Just think of it as having an excuse to go out another time to wear your dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment