Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I dress my body? I'm shaped like an ice cream cone!?

I have very large shoulders, they aren't proportionate to my hips.


I'm literally shaped like an ice cream cone. Right now I wear button down tops and dress pants, for my job.


I want to venture out, but I hate shopping. Nothing suits my shape.


Can you give me tips!?


How do I dress my body? I'm shaped like an ice cream cone!?
You are the rare inverted triangle body type, which is actually a very good thing if you dress it right. Your goal is to create the illusion of the perfect hourglass body shape by balancing your lower body to your upper body and to draw attention away from your upper body.





Wear:


- Flowing fabrics


- Set-in sleeves or three-quarter length sleeves


- Halter tops (they actually make shoulders look smaller)


- Tops and dresses that flow through the waist and go past the hips


- A-line skirts


- Flared or Wide Leg pants


- Darker Colors on top





Avoid:


- Stiff, bulky, fabrics


- Styles that emphasize your shoulders


- Big collars


- Tapered skirts and pants (no skinny jeans)





An Ideal Cocktail Dress: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?ai鈥?/a>





Ideal Outfit: http://bp1.blogger.com/_c4vB_v6T6qc/Rdge鈥?/a>How do I dress my body? I'm shaped like an ice cream cone!?
There are many different body shapes the apple, pear, straight, petite, all have their do's and don't's.





Try wearing boot cut or flared pants/jeans. Thicker, brighter belts (which would give you some balance to the center of your body, rather than your shoulders). And on top, try draping cardigans over your button downs or t-shirt. Accessories always help an outfit, they can distract from the parts of us that we don't want to stand out. Try experimenting with accessories (large earrings will not help the shoulders though, so stick with smaller ones).





Hope this helps! Check out the link for my source, look under the apple shape.





=)

No comments:

Post a Comment