Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am in my 40's and would like to wear a cream dress to a wedding in Mid July. Is this appropriate?

Only if you are the BRIDE. If you are a guest, then forget it.I am in my 40's and would like to wear a cream dress to a wedding in Mid July. Is this appropriate?
If you are a guest, then no its not appropriate. If the bride is wearing a ivory dress, you are goin to stick out like a sore thumb. I'd say a tanish dress is fine, or a cream and black dress. My mom is wearing a white halter dress with black flowers on it. More black than white, It looks nice, but wont make her stick out from me.


I'd stick with another color if it was me.I am in my 40's and would like to wear a cream dress to a wedding in Mid July. Is this appropriate?
Are you the bride? If so then have at it! Wear whatever you want!


If not, I'm going to have to advise against it! Cream or white is generally inappropriate to wear to a wedding. People will think you are tyring to upstage the bride, and you dont want to do that! Or, you could always ask the bride if she would mind, but be ready for an answer you may not like!
White, off white, cream and ivory are not appropriate for guests to wear - those colors are reserved for the bride. If the dress has colored accents, then that is fine, but you should definitely stay away from a solid cream dress.
Yes, if you add some colour with accessories - scarf, belt, shoes, handbag, wrap.... and jewellery.
Not generally acceptable. Ask the bride.
Yes. Just check first with the bride, mother and future m-i-l to be sure none are going to wear cream, though.
Only if you know for certain that the bride is wearing a bright white. If her dress is off-white at all, it would not be appropriate for you to wear a cream dress.
I see no reason why it would be an issue.
No. Given your age, you would come off looking like a 20 year old wanna be bride.
If you are the bride then go for it! I am getting married next July and I am wearing ivory. If you are a guest I would advise against. Traditionally the bride is the only one who wears white or cream.
mmm as a guest.. how light of a cream is it.. might be too close to the bride's white (or ivory if she chooses)%26gt; i would decide on an actual color
I hate to admit this, but I did sit down to watch an hour of Glamor's Wedding Do's and Don't on Style this past Saturday evening.


The experts say absolutely not. Avoid, ivory, cream, white, or anything else that even closely resembles the color of the bride's gown.


My opinion...if it's a less formal affair, and you are close to the bride, give her a call and ask what she thinks. But don't be surprised if just because the bride says it's okay, the other guests don't look down your decision.


Good luck and have fun at the wedding!
It's appropriate no matter what your age is because it's YOUR wedding. Have fun and enjoy it :)
As the bride it's totally appropriate. Guests should of course stear clear of anything in the white/cream/ivory realm.
Hate to say it, but probably not.





Stay away from any white or off-white color. The closest you can go is tan.
Light colors in summer sound right.
If you are the bride, then absolutely. If you are not, then please at least consider wearing a colored jacket or print scarf.





Wearing unrelieved white or cream to a wedding when one is over the age of six and not the bride is generally frowned upon.
If it doesn't compete with the bride, why not. ~
I';m sorry but I dont believe this is appropriate at all. It doesnt matter if your 20, 30, 40, or 80, you should never wear a color that you know will match up to the bride. You should always stay away from white, beige, cream, pearl, ivory, anything like this.
uhm no! you can wear what ever you want to a wedding.
If you are the bride then absolutely. If you are a guest in any capacity (this includes being family) then no. It is considered disrespectful to wear white or ivory because that is reserved for the bride.
anything that is close to white is a no no!


leave thoes colors to the bride!
If you are the bride, then I see no reason not to! :-)


But if you are a guest, I would leave cream and white to the bride. It is just old fashioned etiquette, but it still applies I am afraid. I had a recent wedding to go to, and found the perfect dress, fit etc but it was cream and lacy, felt a little brideish so I reluctantly left it on the rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment