Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it okay to wear a dress with a cream color background with pale violet/gray flowers to a wedding?

The wedding is a military wedding (dress white uniforms) at 11:00 a.m. in California. I know you're not supposed to wear white, but does that mean even a white/cream background on a pastel print dress?Is it okay to wear a dress with a cream color background with pale violet/gray flowers to a wedding?
Your dress sounds fine.The 'no white' rule refers to solid white.Is it okay to wear a dress with a cream color background with pale violet/gray flowers to a wedding?
When in doubt...
Thanks for providing such great details, that helps a lot, I would say since it is a daytime wedding in a warm climate your dress sounds completely acceptable, if the dress is cream, and not white, it should be okay, I don't think anyone will be offended or anything, so go for it sista'! Hope this helped!!!
If the print is all over the dress and not just at the bottom along the hem, then I think you will be safe.
Wear the dress and have a great time. I do not believe there is any dress code for the guests at a military wedding.
Assuming you've been invited to the wedding and you're not crashing it, I would guess that means you know the bride and/or groom. Would it be out of line to ask them if your dress would be inappropriate? Or am I just being too logical here?
I think that you should play it safe and find something else to wear. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Sounds fine to me. A least you're not wearing blue jeans! but seriously, the white rule means solid white, not a print.
i think your dress sounds pretty and appropriate. have a nice time at the wedding!!
DON'T EVEN TRY IT!
Sounds really pretty to me! It's definitely not white either, so you won't be 'competing' with the bride. It sounds like a winner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment