Thursday, December 31, 2009

Brides-- how would you feel if someone wore a navy sheath dress, that had a few cream flowers at the top?

I found this great dress for a wedding next month, but I am paranoid about wearing anything that might upset the bride. It is a short, navy blue dress that has some cream flowers clustered at the top. All in all, the cream probably makes up about 1/5 of the dress. Thanks for the help!Brides-- how would you feel if someone wore a navy sheath dress, that had a few cream flowers at the top?
I think you're overthinking this. Wear the dress and have fun. The bride I'm sure won't even notice much less make a remark that your dress has cream flowers on it.Brides-- how would you feel if someone wore a navy sheath dress, that had a few cream flowers at the top?
as long as the dress isn't more than 50% white/taupe/ivory/cream/beige or any other light color that could be confused with white. a few flowers at the top is fine if the rest of the dress is blue. last year I wore a totally hot cocktail dress with a white strapless top and black skirt to a wedding and it was fine. I'll never fit into it again though...
That sounds perfectly fine. If the bride has a problem with it, she's a huge bridezilla.





I had a friend who wore a white dress that had purple flowers on it to my wedding and I certainly didn't through a fit. Everyone knows who the bride is.
It's only poor etiquette to wear a dress that resembles the bride's in color. Unless she is wearing a navy dress for some reason, I think you're safe.
I think you are paranoid.





Wear the dress, I'm sure you'll look great. If the bride has a fit about it, I think she may have some deeper problems no one has addressed.
that sounds very classy and appropriate for an evening wedding. Your not wearing all cream/white and the navy will be the main color.
God, what kind of society has the public scrutiny created that would make someone worry about wearing a navy blue dress?!





Of course, the dress is fine!
Don't sweat it. Wear the dress in good health.
That dress is fine! Take a breath! You're only in trouble if you wear an ALL white dress... it's just impolite.
Its good to be overly cautious, but I think you are 110% safe with this choice. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment