Saturday, December 26, 2009

If I'm going to wear a cream-colored dress, what kind of makeup should I do?

I'm planning on wearing a cream-colored dress to my senior prom and my date and I wanted to do a color scheme instead of the usual ';black-and-cream'; idea, so we decided to settle on dark purple, so he would wear purple shirt and my corsage would be purple as well. Would it be better for me to settle on matching purple makeup or to go with the smoky-eye look, or some other color that goes along with cream? I just don't want the whole, beige, natural look, and I'd rather have my eyes stand out.If I'm going to wear a cream-colored dress, what kind of makeup should I do?
Naa, smokey eyes is boring, you're right!


I would go with the purple make up.





What you wanna do is outline your eyes with a dark purple eyeliner, all the way on the top and half on the bottom. Then pick one light lavender shade as your base tone. Apply it to your whole upper eye lid, almost all the way up to your brow. then take a darker shad that blends in with the eye liner and apply just to the movable part of the lid (sry, i am not very firm with these body parts in engl!) to give it sort of the whole ';smokey'; effect, just in purple. finishing touches would be a cream colored, glittery eye shadow for just under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes, plus black mascara like 2 or three times. and voila! ready for prom.





if you want, i could do the makeup on myself and send you a pic... have fun at the prom!!!!If I'm going to wear a cream-colored dress, what kind of makeup should I do?
Makeup color basics


http://geethabeautytips.blogspot.com/200鈥?/a>





Choosing makeup


http://geethabeautytips.blogspot.com/200鈥?/a>





Choosing Eye Makeup Colors


http://geethabeautytips.blogspot.com/200鈥?/a>
u should wear a shimmery light purple on the lid and a darker purple on the crease.oh and a vanilla on the brow bone.
Cover-Girl has a number of great eye shadow quads you could experiment with, if you are looking for a smoky look go with the charcoal quad and use the darkest color in the crease blending it to the outer edge... use a purple mascara though and it will pull it all together and maybe a deep plum gloss for your lips.. If you live close to a mall there is usually a place there that does free make-up consulting, go have them show you some looks you could use for prom. You will have some fun and get some great make-up ideas! Good luck and have a great prom!

No comments:

Post a Comment