Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wearing an ivory/cream dress to my cousins wedding?

Is it rude for me to wear a full length ivory/cream dress, with black lace on the torso to my cousins wedding?





its not white, its like an ivory color





I don't want her to get mad or feel offended, would it be ok if i wore it?Wearing an ivory/cream dress to my cousins wedding?
Hmmm....I've always known it to be bad etiquette to wear those sort of colours to a wedding (especially with it being full length), but maybe just ask your cousin what she thinks...?Wearing an ivory/cream dress to my cousins wedding?
Oooh, I'd double check. My mother-in-law wanted to wear a white outfit, and even though I was wearing Ivory, I HATED the idea of that. White and light colors like that are ';reserved'; traditionally for the bride. Unless the bride wants people to wear those colors, I would double check with her. I, personally, didn't like the idea of ANYONE wearing white or ivory or cream.
I think you should be on the safe side and not wear it. Ivory is too close to white. Also, a full lenght dress is more like a gown and again, too much like a wedding gown. Find something a little less bride like just to be safe. You'd feel awful if she was upset by it on her big day.
just dont wear it... it's usually thought of as innapropriate... and even if you ask, how's that gonna make her feel? if she says no, then she's the rude one, but she may actually care yet say it's ok to spare your feelings, which would obviously be horrible. it's better to be safe than sorry.
As long as it has a lot of black, I would say it is OK. But there are Bridezillas out there that will look for anything to ruin their day, and you may just be the target. I would wear it though.
I don't think it is ok to wear an ivory/cream dress to any wedding because it takes the attention away from the bride and it her big day it may hurt her feelings. Hope I helped.
you can choose a prom dress,


http://www.kanaccasbridal.com/shopdispla鈥?/a>
Yes, it is well known as something not to do. You can't help but notice someone in white/cream/ivory on that day. Don't do it. Give her her day.
Maybe, guest usually wear something with colour. Why don't you ask the bride for her opinion.
You can ask her what she would prefer. If it were me, I wouldn't care as long as it isn't a gown ;~)


I'm not that much into tradition.
Something full length ivory/cream might be iffy. I'd have to say better safe than sorry and find something else.
Don't do it..it's disrespectful..people should know better
Don't do it. Any shade of white is not appropriate for a wedding.
I wouldn't chance it. What if her dress is Ivory??
It might be... do you have a picture of it??

No comments:

Post a Comment