Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is a true french silk pie? Like a Boston cream pie?

I made a bet with someone that I could make a french silk pie.


Does anyone have a recipe for a true french silk pie or where I could find one? I've been looking on line but all the ones I find are in a pie crust. I didn't think that there was a crust... more like a cake?What is a true french silk pie? Like a Boston cream pie?
A french silk pie does have a crust, either graham cracker or a regular crust. I'm not sure what else you're thinking of. The Boston Cream Pie is really a cake rather than a pie but French Silk Pie is a true single crust pie. Here's an easy recipe:





1/2 cup butter


3/4 cup sugar


4 tablespoons cocoa


3 extra-large eggs


1 pinch salt


1 graham cracker crust


whipped cream


chopped nuts


chocolate curls





1. To prepare the filling, cream the butter, sugar and cocoa for 5 minutes, scraping the bowl often.


2. Add each egg separately and beat for a full 5 minutes after the addition of each egg.


3. Scrape the bowl often.


4. Pour the mixture into a cool crust and chill.


5. Pipe whipped cream around the edge and sprinkle with chopped nuts and chocolate curls.


6. Serve chilled.What is a true french silk pie? Like a Boston cream pie?
I don't have a recipe for it but some restaurants should have it depending on where you live. I don't know the restaurants in your area but I know places like Baker's Square and Bob Evan's has it or did. I know there has to be other's that have it.





To answer your question French Silk pie which is my favorite is a very rich chocolate pie. It is really good but is very rich and is not like a cake. I am not sure how to decribe it except rich chocolate moose like filling topped with whipped cream.





I hope this helps some.
30 min 30 min prep





1/2 cup butter


3/4 cup sugar


4 tablespoons cocoa


3 extra-large eggs


1 pinch salt


1 graham cracker crust (II)


whipped cream


chopped nuts


chocolate curls





To prepare the filling, cream the butter, sugar and cocoa for 5 minutes, scraping the bowl often.


Add each egg separately and beat for a full 5 minutes after the addition of each egg.


Scrape the bowl often.


Pour the mixture into a cool crust and chill.


Pipe whipped cream around the edge and sprinkle with chopped nuts and chocolate curls.


Serve chilled or frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment