Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How long does boston cream cake stay good?

I got one of those Boston cream cakes on my birthday a few days ago (Monday), and as it has a custard filling, I'm not quite sure how long it'll stay good for, so I'm wondering as there's still about half of it left. It's been kept refrigerated, only taken out while we were cutting it.How long does boston cream cake stay good?
As long as it's been refrigerated, it should last a week. If it's a cake that was bought at a Grocery Store bakery, it should have a sell by date. I have been in the food business, and do catering quite a bit. In most cases it is good for up to 6 days after the sell by date. You would know if a custard filling cake went bad as it would get very runny and smell bad. Chances are it's still as good as the day you bought it right now.How long does boston cream cake stay good?
if you keep it in the fridge wrapped in plastic or foil it should last atleast a week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment