Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What can i replace the chocolate glaze on top of a Boston cream pie with?

I'm trying it out for the first time but I'm just trying to avoid chocolate because most of the time my grandparents love stealing bit of cakes or whatever I've cooked apart from when it's chocolate. It's too sweet and/or rich for my nan.





Ideas for replacements?What can i replace the chocolate glaze on top of a Boston cream pie with?
Raspberry Sauce!





Vanilla frosting melted to an icing





Fresh fruit (berries!)





Orange liquer with sugar and butterWhat can i replace the chocolate glaze on top of a Boston cream pie with?
Any glaze will do .. I sometimes use this one simply mix about 2 cups confectioners sugar with a teaspoon or two(add just a few drops at a time starting with one teaspoon) of coffee makes a surprisingly delicious glaze and runs down and looks pretty when it sets EDIT~~ the coffee glaze has no coffee taste iand it has a wondeful flavor , they used it at a restaurant where I worked for and everyone loved it i was amazed when I tried it myself..
A lemon flavored glaze would be delicious.
You could just spread sugar free, seedless raspberry jam on top. If they like whipped cream, that's even better.
Really any icing should work
vanilla pudding from scratch with real whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment