Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Making a boston cream pie in a springform pan?

I want to make a Boston Cream Pie, but the recipe actually calls for a 9 inch round cake pan that is at least 2 inches deep. I have a 9 inch, but it isn't deep enough. So I was thinking...I have a springform pan with the dimensions I need...so can I use the springform pan instead? Or will it affect my pie?





Thanks!Making a boston cream pie in a springform pan?
Actually, the springform should be eaiser. I use my springforms more often then the regular pans. I use parchement paper for the bottom. Just lay the parchment over the bottom then clip it into ring, cut off the extra paper and spray all of it with nonstick spray. Removing the baked product should be very simple. I want a slice of it when your done.Making a boston cream pie in a springform pan?
yes it will work
Like your other answerer, I use my spring-form pan for every kind of cake too. One of the cake mix companies used to make a kit for Boston cream pie--included cake mix, custard filling mix AND the chocolate glaze. It was super--we made it a lot. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment